What information we gather
We at Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. respect your desire to protect your personal information. This page reveals what sort of information we may ask you for and in what situations.
We request your personal information when you place an order, register a product, request a service, request for a trial copy of our software, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities with respect to our website or products. Following are the instances when we collect your information along with the details of data collected by us:
- If you submit an order online with us, you will be asked for information needed to complete the transaction such as your name, Organization name, address, e-mail ID, Phone number and credit card details/payment details.
- If you visit our website and register interest in our products, you will be asked for name, Organization name, e-mail ID, Phone number & postal address.
- If you visit our website and download any document related to our products, you will be asked for name, Organization name, e-mail ID, Phone number & postal address
When you will request for registration of product, we will ask for name, phone number, source of purchase, e-mail ID & postal address
- If you request technical support by email, telephone or by remote access, we will ask you for information needed to complete the transaction such as your registration/ license number and information about your device hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing; and during remote access, we may ask for full control of your device.
- If you use our Live Web Chat Service, we will ask you for information required to understand your query and provide appropriate solution. During your Live Web Chat Service, we will require your e-mail address, activation code, license number, IP address, time and date of chats and similarly, your chat data content shall be required to improve our service quality and resolve your query.
- If you acquire the security services for any of the Devices, we might also collect and process the following data: device ID, device serial number, device name, model number, IMSI/IMEI, the phone number, MAC address, blocked process, remote IP, device statistics and usage.
- The device information that Cloud Software obtain through the use of data collection technology, could include the device’s: name or ID, serial number, MAC address, IP address, unique identifier for the device, logged username, FQDN, OS version, service packs, file path, installed applications (if any).
- While scanning or when a threat is detected, the following information may be sent to us: file name and file path, registry paths, process name, source URL, abstract file signature for suspicious Portable Executable files, files parts or file hashes (only when required by the remote scanning engines), file attributes, quarantined file names and paths and other anonymized data.
- If you use our product that integrates with your email client, some additional technical data about the mail content could be sent to us, including email sender, recipient, subject, attachments, mail server IPs, timestamp, mailbox, mailbox path, content type, domain name.
- If you have availed anti-theft feature, data related to geo-location of the device shall be processed.
It is your decision to proceed with any activity that requests your personal information. However, please note that if you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the specific process.
Your data mentioned hereinabove shall be retained depending on the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so or till the time as required by law.
How we use this information
We use your personal information:
- To create better products and services to meet your needs.
- To enable the features which you have availed.
- To help you purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select.
- To help you to introduce you to products or services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support.
- To assist and co-ordinate with investigation agencies.
- To provide better/adequate/fast support over the telephone, email, fax, etc.
Please be advised that we may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so by government agencies or law enforcement bodies.
We have taken security measures, consistent with international information practices, to protect your personal information, which offers adequate level of personal data protection according to European Union standards (including GDPR, and aims to protect network and information security). These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
The personal information that you have shared with us may be transferred to other offices of Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. around the world. Also, in certain countries our outside contractors might undertake the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information.
Your personal data rights
According to GDPR, Data subjects (any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person) have the right to access to data, right to rectification, right to erasure and the right not to be subject to individual decisions. Data subjects/You also have the right to restriction of personal data processing and to request the deletion of the collected personal data, as well as the right to data portability. To exercise these rights, you may send a written request, dated and signed, to the Quick Heal Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may track domain names, IP addresses, and browser types from users who visit our site. We use this information to produce traffic statistics for the websites of Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. Such information is not correlated with any personal information.
By this article you give a general authorization to us to share personal data to future Sub-Processors under the conditions set below:
We guarantee that we will have an agreement with its Sub-Processors which imposes on the Sub-Processor the same data protection obligations as are imposed on us by GDPR, in particular providing sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the processing will meet requirements under GDPR, to the extent applicable to the nature of the service provided by the Sub-Processors.
We shall inform you of any addition or replacement of Sub-Processors and allow you to reasonably object to such changes by notifying us in writing within five business days after receipt of our notice of the addition or replacement of a Sub-Processor. Your objection should be sent to email@example.com and explain the reasonable grounds for the objection.
Websites of Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. contain links to websites of companies with whom we have a relationship. Quick Heal Technologies Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy practices of its business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy statements as they may differ from ours.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Quick Heal is a company having it’s Registered office and Head Quarters in India. Thus, this policy shall be governed by local laws and any matter/dispute relating thereto shall be subject only to jurisdiction of Courts at Pune, India and shall be interpreted as per the terms of the law/s for the time being in force in India.